Ibens specialises in care housing with a focus on residential care centres, assisted living facilities, care hotels and housing for people with disabilities.
The organisation owes its strong position in the market to far-reaching innovation. The construction sector was very traditional for a long time, but is now at an important turning point. In the coming years, messy and unpredictable construction sites will be replaced by structured temporary assembly sites, driven by virtual modelling, robotisation, decentralised production and a strong logistics process.
Being an innovative construction company, ibens prioritizes virtual construction. Creating a Building Information Model, the company enables the prefabrication of concrete elements.
How can we use data & machine learning to improve our internal projects?
Ibens uses its own approach for their internal projects that consists of different phases divided into 3 major components: a study, execution and service phase. The intention is to make this process learning so that, based on historical data, future projects can be handled better and more efficient.
Initially, Ibens wanted to be inspired by different data and Machine Learning use cases. In this way, they could already gain an insight into the possibilities of deploying data in a strategic manner.
Custom-build inspirational workshops
InfoFarm created custom-build inspirational workshops based on the Data Analytics Blueprint. 8 employees of Ibens participated in the different sessions: CEO, Digital Innovator, Accountant & technical engineering profiles.
The Data Analytics Blueprint consisted of several sessions:
- Introduction Session with inspiring Machine Learning & Data use cases
- Vision Workshop: Captured the vision of the Ibens organisation and translated this vision into concrete objectives
- Ideation Session: Together with the Ibens employees, we identified their current pains & gains, we brainstormed about possible solutions or ideas to tackle these pains and listed potential challenges that may occur when implementing these solutions
- Brainstorm Session: during this second session we focused mainly on the top 5 pains & gains of the Ibens organisation. We dived deeper into concete ideas Ibens can do to stay ahead of their competitors. The sessions covered both internal operations as cooperation with customers
- We assessed the feasibility of the ideas based on cost-benefit analysis
- InfoFarm presented a summary of the workshops to the Ibens stakeholders with visual depiction of the top 5 solutions. The presentation also consisted out of a roadmap with a concrete proposal for the implementation of the identified ideas/solutions.
Eye-opening, mind expanding workshops
Energizing opportunities combined with innovating insights, leading us towards next steps in digitalisation
Azure Data Platform
Setting up an Azure Data Platform (BIM360 integration included) to extract all scattered project information and make relevant data available through a user-friendly portal at Ibens.